Love to grill out? These cannabis-infused lemongrass chicken skewers could change your life.
And using the actual lemongrass as skewers (see the photo above) can be pretty cool. Like stringing new potatoes on a rosemary branch, you may have to poke a hole or two in the chicken pieces — and maybe the peppers as well. I have made this dish with seeded jalapenos, and the results were fantastic. The heat of the grill lessened the fire of the peppers. Either way, be a little gentle so you don’t break the lemongrass stalks.
If you are going to use wooden skewers, soak them first — and not for the 20 minutes they tell you. Give them an hour-long soak. Otherwise you watch helplessly as the ends of the skewers light, burn and disappear. And that can be sad and make the meat-filled slivers harder to pick up.
The last time I made these we served the leftovers in grilled pita bread, and it was rad.
Favorite strains: 25 ranked reviews from our marijuana critics
Cannabis-Infused Lemongrass Chicken Skewers
Makes 4 servings
- 8-12 stalks lemongrass, or 8-12 metal or wooden skewers*
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in 1-inch chunks
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 12-16 whole mini peppers, poked through with a skewer if using lemongrass stalks
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons canna-oil
- 1 tablespoon bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Lots of lettuce leaves — romaine, Boston, red or green leaf (or a combination)
Stay entertained: Watch videos and read up on high-profile connections to cannabis
Preheat the grill.
1. Place the chicken pieces, lemon slices and peppers on the skewers, alternating to your liking.
2. In a small bowl combine the yogurt, canna-oil, chopped peppers, ginger, garlic and salt. Squeeze the lemon juice into the mixture. Stir well.
3. Grill skewers on the prepared grill until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Serve with the sauce and the lettuce on the side. Wrap the chicken and peppers in the lettuce leaves to eat.