The only thing better than a grilled (or broiled) slab of red meat is a grilled (or broiled) slab of red meat that gets you stoned.
This citrus-y steak pairs perfectly with spicy fresh greens. Of course you can vary the greens and use chicken or tofu. The balsamic vinegar adds sweetness for balance.
Years back, skirt steak was a bargain cut. Now, it seems to travel in much more uppity protein circles. I must admit that it is my very favorite cut, and I spring for it once in awhile.
Personally, I think this cut is best somewhere between medium rare and medium, though maybe I wouldn’t say this in public. It’s like not liking wine. Or children. Oh, this would be good with a toasted crusty piece of bread, rubbed with a ripe tomato half and a peeled garlic clove and drizzled with a titch of canna-olive oil — and salt and pepper.
Marijuana-Infused Skirt Steak Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 20-ounce skirt steak
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 bunches cilantro, tough stems removed
- 1 bunch flat parsley, rinsed, tough stems removed
- 1 bunch arugula, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 bunch scallions, shredded or chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons canna-olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and coarse black pepper
1. Place the steak on your work surface, and rub it with the lime juice and chili powder. Broil or grill until your desired degree of doneness. Allow to sit after cooking for 8-10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl combine the cilantro, parsley, arugula, scallions, carrots and tomatoes.
3. In a small bowl whisk together the canna-olive oil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and the mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve on the side with the steak and greens, or toss before serving.